Monday, April 23, 2012

Girl Scout Volunteer Appreciation Week!

I know I'm bombarding this blog with causes... and what not.. but what can I say... April is a pretty stinkin' awesome Month!!!  I mean besides my own birthday it is full of some awareness, appreciation, and causes I totally am in line with...


This week along with being National Infertility Awareness Week... is.... Volunteer Appreciation Week for Girl Scouts.

Thank You!

I know some think of Girl Scouts as just another extra curricular activity... some parents even see it as a cheap babysitting service ;) ... but to me it's a little more than that.  I believe if you ask the girls they would tell you the same.

Girl Scouts is a safe family like environment... it's where the girls can share how they feel and learn who they are.  As Daisies- they are just getting to know each other and their selves and getting used to Girl Scouts in general.  As my Daisies grow and bridge up to Brownies and fly up to Juniors they will grow in character and confidence and be challenged in so many ways.  Here is a great article on some of our goals as leaders!

10 Ways to Grow a Girl Scout

Over the last two years of being a leader I have had around 30 girls... some went up to Brownies, some dropped out, some are second year Daisies, and some are new Daisies....two are my daughters..

As an "adult", I use that word loosely, I look back at Girl Scouting as a kid and I have a lot of good memories with my own mom.  So thank you to all the past, present, and future volunteers... and thank you mom for helping my own Girl Scouting legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment