Friday, January 29, 2010

4 YEARS? What?! Happy Birthday Emery

Happy 4th Birthday EMERY!




Emery Dancing on her 1st Birthday!



With Joe turning 26.... and now Emery is turning 4?! Time really has flown. It seems like it was just yesterday I was peeing on a stick and saying how did that happen?? haha... I know.. that's one way to put it. We had so much fun doing a scavenger/treasure hunt to notify the family of the news of Emery's impending arrival. Four years ago TODAY I was getting out of the car in California with Joe getting ready to go on another one of our rigorous walks trying to induce labor. My water had already broken- unbeknownst to myself (i had NO idea.. lol) still went for that long power walk- went home and realized yep it was my water- I didn't pee my pants... then headed to the hospital. Got some pitocin around 9... waited forever for the epidural that never came and then she blessed us with her presence at 3:01 am on the 30th. 6.35 lbs of beauty! Emery Azalea Brewer.... Joe was there to witness her birth and cut the cord... and she was such a tiny thing (all the nurses adored her because she was so petit!!!!! She went on her first airplane ride four days later :) to visit all her family in Illinois...

















We were going through our computer last night and came across all these old photos and video in honor of Emery's Birthday I thought I'd share some of hers. (I'll post them tonight when I get home) Now at 4 years old she loves Unicorns and Dragons... and lip gloss.. Barbie and her my little ponies... her rocks (I am not sure why..) she's a little clepto always pocketing things from Nanas to add to her junk at home... she barely fits in size 3 pants after just finally graduating out of 2T's... she looks a lot like Cindy Lou Who... loves dance class and Taylor Swift... enjoys carrying around Sebastien (the only cat out of the 4 she can sorta pick up.... She loves singing and dancing... Mama Mia and the Electric Company and now can't wait for her pink poodle birthday party tomorrow. She adores her sisters and is constantly telling us she loves us.. what a sweet girl she is growing up to be! Couldn't be prouder..









1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Emery! I will never forget waiting in Chicago for my connecting flight to Moline, turning around to find I was standing right next to the Brewers with their beautiful newborn baby, waiting for the same flight. Can't believe she is 4 already!!

    Sue Bush

    ReplyDelete