Friday, January 22, 2010

My One Word- Understanding

http://myoneword.org/


"If you’re like most people, each January goes something like this: You choose a problematic behavior that has plagued you for years and vow to reverse it. In fact, you can probably think of two or three undesirable habits—make that four or five.

Thus begins the litany of imperfections to be perfected, commonly known as New Year’s Resolutions. All of which are typically off your radar by February."


Our resolutions seldom work because they focus on the type of person we want to become rather than who God wants us to be. Many people do not see God at work in their lives simply because they don’t know what to look for. So, what if our hopes for the year centered on who God wanted us to become instead?

It’s okay to want to be a better you—and the New Year is a natural time to start. The question is, how? My One Word replaces broken promises with a vision for real change. When you choose a single word, you have a single focus. You are moving toward the future rather than swearing off the past.

With My One Word, you’re right where God wants you: in His hands. And it’s not an extreme makeover we’re talking about. This year, the goal is to see His work in one area of your life.




I did my homework.. here is my scratch pad

As three things: a mother, a wife, and a christian

Mother-
patience, understanding, give my time and energy, soothing, comforting, calming, forgiving, worthy, fun, strong, loving


Wife
loving, forgiving, trustworthy, honest, friend, understanding, strong, thoughtful, caring, partner


Christian
open minded, willing to learn, faith, hopeful, trusting, understanding, devoted, testifying, daily life,


The word that popped up into each is UNDERSTANDING so there it is for you all to see and keep me in check- 2010 I am going to be UNDERSTANDING so help me God

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I just found your blog today so you officially will have a follower! :) I love my fellow bloggers and I love that I get to see photos of your cute girls now! Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete