Thursday, February 23, 2012

Let's not get tired of doing what is good

Galatians 6:9: "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up" (NLT)."

A LOT of people ask me... how do you have the energy to do all the things you do??? Or... don't you have enough on your plate????

Well.. yah. I do have enough on my plate. BUT... there's never TOO much, and what's enough anyway?!

I am 27..
I am a military wife to the heart
I am a Christian Woman
I am a mom to four beautiful girls
I am the Girl Scout leader to a Daisy troop of 21 amazing girls
I am the Head Coach to a swim team of 35 awesome swimmers
I am a Crave leader to a mass of pretty remarkable kids
I am planning our class reunion of 10 years (what ten?!)
I am a surrogate mother in waiting... patiently waiting
I am a leader at our church and assist in several areas (basically wherever needed and when)
I am a child of God.... and with Him I am able to do anything

To be honest... I am going through a FUNK... a season in my life where I am being a luke-warm Christian. Every DAY I have a choice to live for Him or live for me... and I've been choosing the wrong option. Now I'm not being a crappy person, I'm not doing horrible things... don't get me wrong I'm being a good person- just not a GOOD GODLY PERSON. I am not putting God first, I am not putting my relationship with Him above all, I am not living for Him... I am not taking the time I need... I'm giving it away to other things. All of them are good things, but not good enough.

Every day we have that choice- do we give our time to God or to worldly things. Do I choose to seek and pursue Him and live my life for Him or not? I have been doing horribly for the last maybe two months. I KNOW is the worst part... I KNOW He wants me... I am His child and he is waiting for me. This is how the past two months have kinda been going I mean not really but this is sorta what it's been like.

I wake up and God is there
"Good Morning... do you have a moment to talk?"
and I rub my eyes and look at the clock and say.... "Not now.. I have to get the girls up and make sure they don't have any homework and have their lunches and ugh! sounds like Ollie is up already wonder what she has gotten into... can you wait until they are off to school??? That'd be great..." and I'm off and running and God is standing there... waiting
they go off to school...
"Now do you have a moment to talk, there are a few things I need to..."
before He can finish, I interrupt.
"I have a newsletter to write for the swim club, there is Girl Scouts tonight that I have to finish planning the meeting for... let me just get those two things done.. get the little girls fed and dressed and ready for their day.."
But... He is there pursuing me and I am off on another thing...
I get done with my to do list or as much as I want to... and it's lunch time
"Really God... I have to feed the little girls and spend some time loving on them and playing... during nap time... I will talk to you during nap time.."
Naptime comes... and instead of taking the time for Him I take time for me... I am on facebook... oh sure I am doing stuff for girl scouts and swim club and myself.... but I am NOT doing it for Him..
and then the little girls are up, and we are playing, and we are out the door to swim practice and then it's home after swim practice and supper needs to be cooked or girls off to dance or something and then I have my husband home...
by the time I know it it's 9:30 and everyone is in bed and I am in bed sitting there thinking where has my day gone... and God calls
"Your day is almost done.. there is still something I need.."
Yawn.... "I know... I know... but I really am tired... I have a lot on my mind I just want to watch a show and fall asleep God...."
2:00 in the morning He's waking me up....

I am pushing HIM off.. who am I to say not now.... who am I to say I don't have time or energy... really. He sent His only son to the cross for my stupidity and selfishness..

I don't have time NOT to give it to Him. I can't afford to... I NEED Him in my life and I need His strength and energy. The past weekend I was really convicted. I mean I KNEW this... I was convicted of this but not doing anything about it... every day I would feel it in my heart and be lazy. EVERY day for the past month or so. What am I stupid? yes I am but He loves me anyway! What a crazy love that is.

I am back. I am back and my focus is back on God. Every day I try to live for him... some days I fail MISERABLY. Some days better than others... every day I have a choice to make. I can choose to put Him first... or myself. Putting my time with Him back at the beginning of my day- giving Him the BEST of me... before I'm tired and weary... I make that choice daily. He loves me on the days I do my best.. .He loves me on the days I do my worst.

anyway... back to Galatians...


So let's not get tired of doing what is good.... (or right, or meaningful, or inspirational, or influential, or beautiful) At just the right time we will reap the harvest (I will REACH that kid who is struggling, I will PROVIDE a safe relationship to that kid who doesn't have one, I will IMPACT that one life that needed it on that one day when all is lost)

Just one soul? If I could save just one soul than all my time is not wasted.... if I can impact and help shape the characters of our youth, build their courage and confidence... yup that's worth it not crazy....

God is going to bless me... As I continue to pursuit Him and put Him first through my days and continue to love like the perfect example Jesus Christ showed us, then God is going to bless me. Maybe not in the ways some would like.. but He is going to bless me by letting me witness transformation in our youth...

I love my swimmers and my daisies... I love their little personalities, I love with my back turned out of all 50-60 of those kids I can tell you who said what at the sound and volume of their voice. I love watching them GROW... in skill, courage, confidence, and socially. I love watching girls that at the beginning of the Fall season wouldn't do a sitting dive into the pool now do a start off the starting blocks... I love watching kids who say I can't do that! do it... and amaze themselves in the process. I love watching those shy Daisies blossom into girls who stand boldly in front of 40-50 people and give a presentation they thought of all by themselves. I love watching our youth accept Christ into their hearts and lives... I love getting to hear their stories and drama and I love just being a friend to them.

If you ask me... I'm already reaping! and yes I may be short of energy on some days. I may feel a little ragged or like the world is spinning so quickly around me that if I don't sit down for one moment I might fall..... but those days are few and far between.. the reward is totally worth it.

My kids love our busy lifestyle- they are given the choice to participate in whatever they want to participate in because I want to give them a chance to find their place in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment