Friday, February 24, 2012

Ob Portu

I am really getting into the shorter devotionals- the 21 day devotionals. They are packed with more content in the day... but are shorter in overall time length. I am currently enjoying this one about Unquestionable Character, check it out:

http://preview.youversion.com/reading-plans/151-unquestionable-character

Anyway, Stole this from my devotional today... good stuff though

Pastor and generosity consultant Brian Kluth makes this point in a brief
discussion of the etymology of the English word opportunity:

Hundreds of years ago when people lived near the oceans the word
opportunity was coined.

It came from the time when ships needed to wait until
the tide was in before heading out to sea, otherwise the ship would run aground.

In the Latin language, the words 'ob portu' describe the perfect moment when
time and tide converged for a ship to get underway.

Into every person's life come some God-ordained opportunities.

You'll know it's the right time when an urgent, life changing need - something that has
eternal significant value - converges with your ability. At just the right
moment, urgency and ability come together. And at that exact moment, you have
the opportunity to fulfill a divine purpose God intended for you.



I need to make the most of the opportunities God is sending my way. I need to be ready for that moment, that perfect moment for my ship to sail.

What about those mistakes? Those journeys were I take off too early.. too late... the ship may get tossed around a little, scratched from rocks or shore, but the lessons are learned and taken to heart. God has been whispering to me about His next journey for me... I am so excited for Ob Portu... I am so ready for His blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment